Friday, August 9, 2013

Understanding Isn't Important

God speaks to people in different ways

If I were honest, I would say that lately I have been skimping on my "Jesus time". There are plenty of excuses I could give and reasons why, but the bottom line is: none of that matters, only my relationship with God does. As a result, I have been super cranky and moody (ask my boyfriend and my family). This always happens when I skip my Jesus time. Always.

Anyway, tonight I decided to catch up on my book "Jesus Calling". It is a book of daily devotionals that are written like notes from God...and let me tell you, sometimes it just hits the spot.

Tonight was one of those times.

One of my go-to sayings (really excuses) is "I don't understand why/how/etc." When something is hard and I "don't understand" it, I typically use that as an excuse to either not do it or not give it my 100%. It makes me uncomfortable and I tend to avoid it at all cost. 

That is why this jumped off the page at me:


"Understanding will never bring you peace. That is why I have instructed you to trust in Me, not in your understanding." -Jesus Calling (page 230, if you're curious)

WOW. Right?

All I can say is: That was definitely God.

Understanding is NOT important...FAITH is!

It is the little things like that - those little "tidbits" from God - that mean the most to me. They are what keeps me going and are always the reminder that God is listening and walks with me every day.


Check out the book: Jesus Calling



No comments:

Post a Comment