Monday, April 7, 2014

Sin, Salvation and Losing an Arm

Sinning is like chopping off your arm.

Emergency Room

How? I'm glad you asked...


Sinning is like chopping off your arm because it CAN and WILL kill you, if left untreated...

BUT
There is a doctor (only 1 exists) who can give you a brand new arm- one that is even better than before- FOR FREE (to you) because He already paid for it Himself.

All He asks you to do is say "yes" and to care for it with the instructions He gives you (to make sure it functions, doesn't get infected, gets stronger and grows).

Yes, these instructions might keep you from having "fun", but they are all for your benefit (you wouldn't go swimming in a bacteria infested lake with your fresh-out-of-surgery arm, would you?) And what would you say to your friends who BEGGED you to jump in with them? Probably something like: "HECK NO! I almost died once, do you want me to harm myself again?!?"

And what if they kept pushing you? You would realize that they weren't really your friends after all...were they?

And what would you do when you realize that those same friends have chopped off their own arms and are about to die?

You would probably tell them about this doctor.


And you wouldn't just mention it passively, either. You wouldn't say:
"Oh yeah, there's this dude I know who could help you with that...you know...no pressure though" 

...and you DEFINITELY wouldn't say:

"HOW DARE YOU chop off your arm! You're going to die now! Sucks to be you!"

NO!

You would urge them to visit the one who could save their life with a 100% guarantee...and then REJOICE with them once they are healed...and then encourage them to make sure they care for their arm by the Doctor's instructions - because it is worth it.




If only Eternity was as urgent as Today.



Here's some perspective:




How to Meet the Doctor:


Would you like to meet this "Doctor" today? His name is Jesus, and He loves you more than you will ever know! He created you in His image and, because we all have sinned, He died in your place so that you could spend eternity with Him in heaven. The Bible is His love letter to us, full of instructions and full of stories of His grace, mercy, forgiveness and hope. When we mess up and ask for forgiveness, He is quick to forgive us. And you know what? When He forgives us, He doesn't even see our sin anymore. He completely erases it clean and gives us a NEW START (and everyone could use one of those). 

So, if you want to meet Jesus today and if you want Him to come into your life and give you a new start, He will...just ask. He listens. 

You could say something like:

"Jesus, I believe in you and I know in my heart that you came to this earth to die for me and to give me a new life and a fresh start. Thank you for all that You have done for me, for dying for me and for making a way for me to come to know You. Please forgive me of my sins and help me to live a life that pleases You. You are my Savior and my King. In Jesus' name, Amen."

If you just prayed this prayer (or something similar) congratulations! You are now my sister or brother in Christ and I could not be happier. Angels in Heaven are throwing a big party for you right now and God is the happiest He has ever been -  all because you chose to love Him! 

If you have any questions about what the next step should be in your new relationship with God, please feel free to ask me or to visit a pastor in your area. 

For starters, get a Bible and read it. It is His letter to us, after all. The devotional, "Jesus Calling" is also worth the few dollars it costs. 

As I said before, leave a comment if you have any questions or feel free to ask me on Twitter too (@ToriFrench21).

I wish all of you the best in your new relationship with the greatest friend anyone could ask for!







No comments:

Post a Comment